Monday, May 28, 2012

Pura Vida.. Pure Life.

Pura Vida... De los Gibbons.

Back to blogging. After taking a long, long break, I decided to blog again. The reason? I went back to our med school blog, and found myself laughing, crying, and indulging in memories of friends, times, and babies we experieced during that time of our lives. While that time wasn't all rainbows and unicorns, it is part of our family history, and I really love that I can look back whenever I want. This blog will mostly have small posts, lots of instagram photos (we are still looking for our perfect camera) just, snippets of our everyday life nowdays. I wish I could dedicate more time to our "residency years" but it seems that time is ticking away faster than it did 4 years ago, and so I will only do as much as I can.

Before I go on, I want to give you a little "catch up" as to what we are up to:


Matthew: He is turing 8, in just a few weeks. -WOW. Time is flying by! He is currently in Karate, and will test for his yellow belt this upcoming Friday! He is really getting into Karate, and I'm very glad I enrolled him, as I have seen his confidence blossom more and more!


Olivia-She is 5. No longer a baby, but always my baby. She recently graduated Preschool and will be attending the Dual Language program in the Fall for Kindergarden. The Dual Launguage program is a Spanish Immersion program that just launched, and we were lucky to get in. The downfall is that Matthew and Olivia will have to attend another school close by (so not their home school that is right across the street from us) but a school a few minutes away, and I will have to take them everyday as they don't offer transportation. The good news, is that this program will teach them, not only the language, but also the reading, and writing part of another language. -We are super excited! Except for Matthew who will have to move, so they can attend school together. :(


Since Olivia is out of school, she has been spending her time "watering the plants" and playing with me.

Steve- Close to the end of 2nd year (AKA the hardest year in Ortho Residency at Parkland) He is liking night float, as he gets to hang out with Dr. Reinert and company. They do Monday night pizza, and morning breakfest....which is really nice change for him.


Me-Working with Craftwell Inc. part time from my home!---woot! Super blessed and I often pinch myself for having found such a nice gig, and get to work with the most wonderful people!!! The best part? I get to craft, pin, facebook, and twitter and get paid for it! -who can say that?! The greatest part of this job, is that it keeps me home and close to the loves of my life.


Very blessed. Are there problems? Of course, things aren't always chocolate and roses but for now, I'm just thankful for this day.

I hope you like my Instagrams! Yep, kind of obsessed...

Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment