Monday, April 14, 2014

Dollar Spot Easter Basket!

Cheap Easter Basket

I love Easter. And I love any Holiday that requires me to gift my kids something because I love any excuse to surprise them and see their smiling faces. 

BUT I don't love spending a TON of money on things that I know will most likely end up in the trash, or make them bratty.

Yes, while I enjoy to buy things for them, and gift things, I also feel that sometimes as parents, we tend to overdo it. Every Easter I am temped to buy a HUGE Easter Basket from Costco or any other store selling them. 

I often see all the posts of people spoiling their kids with outrageous gifts. And while, I have fallen into that trap before, I have decided that Easter is a special time to reflect upon our Saviour's resurrection and not about "things."

And I'm not judging, I just decided that this is one Holiday to take it easy on the gifts. Still, I want to to make it special, so this year I decided to make my Easter Baskets. 

This is Olivia's basket (obvs.) its easy to start with her since she is still into the bunny ears and bubbles. Matthew's I'm currently working on, since he's a pre teen now, he usually likes more grown up stuff  :( (sad face) but I won't break the bank with his stuff either! I will post his when done!

Back to this basket. 

I went to Target and looked at the Dollar Spot for some goodies, and this is what I got: 

-Cardbord basket
-bunny ears, 
-carrot bubbles (2 for $1)
-Bird House project
-Pencils

Thats it. 

I figure I could dress up the basket and make it pretty! 

I painted the basket, added some tissue and glued in the shape of a flower, some paper doilies, and more stickers I had on hand.



That's that! I spent $6.50 on the entire thing, and the decor of the basket was again, stuff I had on hand. 

I think Olivia will like it, and it didn't break my bank. Also, I think she will feel special. 

What do you think? Have you gone to the Dollar Spot yet?

Jazmin



No comments:

Post a Comment