Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Dark Cloud.

I'm a big fan of honesty. Honesty in everything, and especially when it comes to blogging. I feel blogs can be deceiving and only show people in their brightest light, and that can be positive at times. In fact, this has cheered me up on many occasions. But I also feel that if you post the positive always, you are really leaving out an important part of life that is worth talking about, even if it's not pretty.

Life is hard. Life is not always easy, and while we know these times are only momentary I think they are worth noting.

So, I'm going to be honest, and say that I'm feeling like the dark cloud is upon me again. That cloud that comes from time to time and makes my world gray. That cloud I try to outrun on the treadmill, so that I may go on about my day. The cloud that seriously casts shadows on my craft projects and I can't seem to photograph in good light. The cloud that mocks me every time I get up and try to put on a brave face.

This cloud has been with me since I was younger. I have always been depressed. Ever since I could remember. I grew "out of it" in my late teens, and then came back to pay me a visit again, after giving birth. Postpartum depression just felt like an old episode of my teens. The thing is, that this is something we all go through from time to time, and I just need to hang tight, put my faith in God and hold on for the ride. I always come out on the other side. Eventually, it all goes away, and then I get stronger, grow more powerful and hopefully be better prepared for the next visit.

Until then, I will try my best to not sink, I will try my hardest to smile even if I don't feel like it. I will try my best to put my foot in front of the other and continue walking.

Because life is a journey worth traveling.


Jazmin


No comments:

Post a Comment