Monday, June 4, 2012

Matthew

 Matthew.


As Matthew's birthday quickly approches, I have stopped to reflect on how fast these past 8 years have gone, and it gets me really sad to think that I only have about 10 more years with this kid!

SAD!!!! :(

He is so special to me, not only because he made me a mom, but because he has made me a better mom, with each passing day.

It is a privilege to be his parent, and I can't stomach the thought of him growing up so quickly.

He is absolutely perfection in my opinion. I don't know how God trusted us with such a wonderful boy, we simply didn't deserve it.

And while raising him hasn't always been easy (hello, non sleeper!)it has always, and forever will be the best thing I ever did.

Raising a boy is a bit different, than raising a girl. For example, it requires a lot of science knowledge! I never knew I needed a degree in marine biology before I had Matthew, or how to properly craft paper airplanes in a way to maximize speed, an height.

I must also get to know dinosaurs more, as this knowledge is invaluable to a boy. For real.


In any event, it has been super fun so far, and look forward to more fun filled years with him.

And yes, you guessed it. I will be a VERY annoying mother in law.

No. lie.

Jazmin

1 comment: