Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Community Nativity

Nativity

Every year our church hosts a Community Nativity and it's free of charge and open to the public. I really love this for several reasons and yes, I will explain my reasons. 

1) It's an awesome way to put Christ back into Christmas. We often get caught up with the hustle of the Holidays and gift buying and elf moving, that we forget or we just don't put enough emphasis on Jesus as the reason for the season. 

2) People can go inside the LDS building and see the set up,  and find that we actually believe in Jesus. This may sound weird, but still to this day, there is a stigma about being "Mormon" and about what we believe in general. We don't worship a different GOD and we believe in the Bible and we are 100% Christian. In fact  the name of our church is 'THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS'. We just get called 'Mormons' because we believe in the Book of Mormon, so it's just a nickname.

3) I LOOOOOVE to see different types of Nativities! I love to see the International ones. Germany, Turkey, Italy are some of my favorite! They are so gorgeous and they are all similar to the Mexican ones or American Nativities. It just solidifies the reality that we are all children of God.

4) My kids actually ask to be taken! Yes, it's a tradition and they love to play eye spy with some of the Nativities. I also like that they can meet people of different faiths, because I'm all up for that! I hate when people are closed minded about my faith, so I want to educate my kids so they can grow to respect and appreciate other religions.

Anyway, here are some of the Nativity pictures. I took a ton, but these sum it up!

Olivia and Matthew posing in the manger of the live Nativity. The live Nativity was not there when we arrived so we took the opportunity to pose :)

 This Nativity event showcases all types of Nativities! They had this chocolate one! How cool is that?!

Our church members donate their time to set up the church. It is so beautiful, and a LOT of work!

One of my favorite Nativities. It changed colors with a light, but this pictures doesn't do it justice. 

 When I say there are a different types of Nativities from all over the world, I mean all types! This one is from Hungary and its inside of a coconut!

I love that Matthew really enjoys coming. You can see him sort of pause to reflect on what he feels and sees. It's truly wonderful to see your child be so spiritual.

This Nativity was tiny! It was all in a ring size box!


Japanese Nativity! So cute!

There are so many! 

Love this painting!

Can't wait to go again next year! If you are in the Dallas area, you should check it out next year!

Jazmin




No comments:

Post a Comment