Friday, December 6, 2013

Snow Day!

Snow Day

Today, a miracle that happens every other Winter occurred. School was canceled and we had an ice storm! That meant, we got a lot of the white stuff, and the kids couldn't be happier! This morning we woke up to our elf on the shelf doing snow angels on the kitchen table with flour, and that only meant one thing: SNOW WAS HERE!

And guess what? We spent ALL DAY OUTSIDE! As in 10 hours of uninterrupted snow fun. I tried to take pictures of our day, but I had to work, and Steve came home from being on call, so we kind of handled the kids in shifts. 

But here are some highlights of our day:

It was a Winter Wonderland! All the streets and trees where frozen!
We began the day by walking Riley who was so confused! He was afraid to pee outside!
Once Steve was home, he got the kids ready by making "snow boots" AKA trashbags over shoes, and played hockey with the kids. All of this after being up all night on call.
The kids where in heaven!
After hockey, Matthew & Steve went to Cici's pizza (they walked 4 miles total) and brought us lunch.
Steve was BEAT. So he napped for a little.
I spent 2 hours decorating Olivia's gift last night, while watching netflix. This gift was going to get a picture.
While Steve was asleep I took pictures of our tree. It just looked so wintery

.
I love seeing the gifts under the light of the tree. Makes me happy.
The kids were across the street sledding down the hill for like 4 hours! I was soooo cold! When I saw our neighbor friends Molly & Alex, I felt like they were God sent! Molly was super sweet at helping Olivia up the hill. By this time, I was just peeking out the window.
The kids were using boogie boards as sleds! That is the TEXAN way!
Molly was being so sweet to Olivia and would slide down the hill with her.

Olivia was LOVING IT! She likes to hang with the older kids.

Matthew was smiling!!!!! He hates smiling, this really just indicated how awesome of a day it was!

I hope we get snow for Christmas! We really do like a white winter once in awhile.

Jazmin



No comments:

Post a Comment