Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Navidad.

Navidad.
'Noche de Paz' (Silent Night)

Noche de paz, noche de amor
Todo duerme en derredor
Entre los astros que esparcen su luz
Bella anuciando al niño Jesús
Brilla la estrella de paz
Brilla la estrella de paz

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I'm sooo excited for this Christmas! Last year, was REALLY fun, but for some reason I just didn't get in the Christmas spirit. But this year, I was totally ready to decorate for this special holiday. As always, we set up the Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving and got the mantle and house all gussied up for Christmas! The elf, returned as well, and the kids are loving 'Buddy' They miss their elf so much. 

Anyway, I haven't blogged for awhile and mainly because I have been super busy with work and all of the Holiday stuff. I love how now our family has traditions that we repeat every year. I like that. The kids are getting old enough to help decorate, and they are old enough to sit through scriptures for a long time. 

They are also old enough to enjoy our Community Nativity. I will post about that tomorrow, but it's just an amazing displays of Nativities from all over the world and our church hosts it for the Community. Matthew & Olivia were excited to finish up homework and go to the church. When they got there, they got to play 'Eye Spy' with some of the displays and they had a lot of fun looking close at all the details of each Nativity. 

And of course, this is MY Nativity display on our mantle.I love it.

I always like to change up my tree decor. This year I went with red. Mainly because our first year, I purchased a lot of red and gold ornaments and then changed my mind at the last minute and I never got to use them. So, I didn't want to be wasteful and pulled them out this year.
One of the best things about our Christmas tree decor is that slowly but surely we are starting to fill our tree with homemade ornaments from years past. This ornament was made by Olivia when she was attending Pre-K.

All the ornaments I had before are from the dollar store. And they look sooo nice!

More dollar store berries!

Another favorite ornament! Matthew made this in 1st grade.
And of course. One of our favorite ornaments! Everyone in our family has one of these hearts. They were given by my in laws last year, and they represent our family. I love ornaments with meaning.

I'm excited for the Season, and I'm happy that my kids are believers of Santa, and of the Elf, but most importantly that they have true Faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. I want to preserve their innocence as long as possible, as well as help them develop a strong lifelong testimony of Christ. 

Are you ready for Christmas?

Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment