Tuesday, April 30, 2013

This is as CRAFTY as I'm getting lately...

Plants that CAN'T DIE!


I haven't crafted much in awhile. I'm kind of in a crafting rut of sorts. Perhaps, it's because I have been busy Spring cleaning, or focusing on my eating (trying to go 100% gluten free) or just because I don't feel like it... which is weird!

OR

Maybe I'm getting old! I always thought that the older you get, the more you start to find an affinity for plants... and I think I hit that stage! So, much so, that we are planning on creating a garden in the backyard! YEAH... a G-A-R-D-E-N! Is this really me typing those words?!?! or have I been possessed?! Seriously!!!  I started to pay attention to plants and flower arrangements the moment I hit 29.. So yeah, it's all downhill from here! Just love for plants, and the beginning of low impact activities such as catalog browsing! Lets also throw in some activia yogurt while I'm at it!

Anyway, at least plants make things beautiful at home. Still, not trusting my green thumb just yet, I decided to recreate a cute arrangement I saw at the Four Season's hotel in Austin. I wanted to recreate the bowl arrangements. They used real succulents, but I created the look with some fake plants. Even though, the plants are easy to care for, I still wanted it to play safe, because if there is one person that can kill a cactus, that would be me!

This is my inspiration! I loved the earthy feel the rocks and moss create! I decided that I liked the bowl, but I wanted it to be ceramic instead.
I went to hobby lobby and picked up rocks, fake succulent plants and some moss. The bowl I found at Pier 1 for $7 dollars. I liked the sheen of the bowl, along with the gradient color. It was the right size too, so it was perfect!

I arranged the moss, rocks, and succulents plants on the bowl the way I wanted them. I cut the stems with wire cutters on the "plants" and they sit flat on the bowl. 


I like how it turned out! It now sits at my entry table, and I love it! 

Simply craft!

Jazmin


No comments:

Post a Comment