Thursday, August 22, 2013

{Back To School} Prep!

Summer has officially left the building! And here we are, dusting off things to get back to school. This year, i decided to be "frugal" no real back to school shopping, just bought a couple of shirts and pants for Olivia and Matthew. By a couple of stuff, I mean 2 t-shirts and 2  jeans for Matthew and he tried on everything in his closet to ensure that it still fit, so he will have two days of brand new outfits, but that's it! Same for Olivia. I got her two cute shirts and long shorts, plus 1 skirt and two pairs of shoes... She is always a bit luckier because its easy to find cute things for girls, but again, no back to school wardrobe. With exceptions of shoes, since she needed shoes as she has outgrown all of hers. The only thing I did buy was lunch stuff. We are not the best of eaters, and I want to really turn a new leaf for the kids. I feel I have bad eating habits because I didn't' ever have limitations on food. And now, I struggle. Not wanting to do that for the kids, I decided to buy them better food containers. Last year we did OK, but they complained about soggy food, or cold food. So, I looked up some stuff online, and ideally I would have purchased Planetbox, but those lunchboxes are $60 bucks each!! Instead, I got  these two metal bento boxes ($25 each) which sounded WAY better and essentially do the same (Keep food hot or cold depending on the food temperture). I didn't buy a lunch bag for Olivia, instead she inherited the one I got from Nicole Barney's 31 party that I won. And i did buy a lunch box for Matthew, but I went to Ross for that one, and it was a whopping $4.99!


I love finding deals at Ross! I find the best stuff there!

Lastly, Matthew's backpack broke, so I went to Pottery Barn and purchased the ones that are on sale. I like the quality, and look but hate the price. But when I was in San Antonio, I used to go to the Pottery Barn outlet and they told me that at the end of June, they start getting new backpacks, and discount the older models, so I did that this year! Matthew's backpack was $25 and I added the monogram, and Olivia didn't need a backpack, but I saw this owl one, on sale for $19 so I went for it. And just like that, we are ready for another year!... I'm GETTING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment