Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Interskate!

Yesterday, we marked off another summer MUST from our To-Do list! 

Every summer, or school break of any kind, the kids and I head over to skate at Interskate! It is an OLD SCHOOL 80's skating rink in Lewisville, and we love going! Not only is it 'retro' but it's so much fun, and reasonably priced! The other day I was thinking at how lucky we are to live in an area that offers so many fun things to do with kids! We got introduced to this skating rink by a friend who had her little girls party there, and the kids seriously loved it! I love it too, because I love skating! It makes me remember when I was about 6 years old and I was skating with some hand me down Barbie skates that were to tight on me, but I just remember having so much fun skating outside my grandmas patio, that was super smooth! Ah.. memories! :)

Anyway, the first time we went there, it was chaotic! The kids were falling down, bumping into things or people... it was bad! But later we ended up having Matthew's bday there as well, and he had a great time! I also like that they rent out the skating helper things. Those make a huge difference! Anywho, so this summer Olivia kept telling me that before school started we HAD to go skating, and after much procrastination (i don't know why, cause its fun!) We headed there, and had again, a lot of fun! I almost want to rent out the place for my 30th bday! And have like an 80's theme! LOL! Oh, I guess the only bad thing about the place is that it gets a bit hot, it is seriously retro authentic! Even when it comes to the not so good AC.

Here are some pictures of the place:   

Totally retro! DJ booth, Disco balls, and soda fountain! 



Olivia always has a ton of fun! And we found out that on Monday's after 3PM it is virtually empty! So great!


I took this picture of Matthew right after wiping out! he was getting frustrated!


This always happens after us not going for awhile, but for about 15 min the kids hate the place! They fall, and bump onto things, but after the initial shock, they have a ton of fun!


Matthew is standing by the AC vent! The coldest place in the entire skating rink! it felt soooo good after skating an hour!



I always have fun! And I feel like a kid all over again!

Jazmin 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment